Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Opening…?

Okay, so here’s the deal. Lately, I’ve been struggling a little bit to come up with a good film opening about a forty year old woman with Asperger’s falling in love. I’ve been going back and forth to whether there should be a voice over or not. But, I think I am starting to get a more certain idea.

So! What I have in mind is to have the main character, Sophie, being shown lying down on a couch talking to her psychiatrist about how her life has been lately, and how she’s been dealing with her… condition. I was thinking of making the entire film, and the opening, a narrative film of her reminiscing her life, especially when she met the main male protagonist of the story, Ethan Carter.

But, the thing is, I don’t know how I’m going to present a film opening about a woman with Asperger’s Syndrome without making it seem cheesy or cliché. So, that’s why I was thinking about making the film a narrative more than anything else. But, I am still pretty skeptical about this. Let’s just hope it all ends well…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brunna! You’ve been doing a great job with your posts; you add images and cite the sources, which is awesome. The only thing that I’d recommend is to make your posts a little bit longer, add them more research. Just think about it!

    Regarding your struggles with your project, I suggest that you watch some film openings from characters with diseases or romantic movies, as A Walk to Remember or The Great Gatsby. If you don’t want to keep the idea with the doctor, then maybe it can be that she’s writing in her journal, blog or something like Easy A.

    Good luck and I hope that you find the ideas you want. Keep working!

    ReplyDelete